It’s time for hats, mitts, snow-pants, winter coats and extra socks.
DVDs of the school’s Christmas concert can be ordered through the school office until Dec. 23rd. Each DVD is $10.
Donations for the Breakfast Program of cheese whiz, jam and Cheerios are invited. Please do not donate Honey Nut Cheerios, since this is a nut-free school.
In place of gifts-for-the-teacher, please consider donating a nonperishable good or a toy to the Lions Club Christmas Drive. Items may be left at the office until Friday, Dec. 12th.
Christmas Flea Market
Home and School will hold the annual flea market on Friday, Dec. 19th. Donations which are small enough for students to carry home easily may be left at the office. No clothing, please. All items will be sold for 25 cents.
On Dec. 23rd, students will be treated to a free pancake and milk breakfast.
Dental Clinic Begins!
The Dental Preventive Clinic will begin seeing students in early December. Children will receive an free, initial, two-minute screening. Consent forms for continued treatment/services will be sent home after the free screening. Please advise your child’s teacher if you do not want the free screening. Contact 902-888-8145 for more information. This service is not a substitute for annual dental examinations with your family’s dentist.
School Closure Information
Please visit the English Language School Board for details on school cancellations this winter. Some important points are summarized below.
- QEES belongs to the Kensington Family of schools.
- Listen to the radio between 6:30 – 8:00 a.m., or visit the school board website (www.gov.pe.ca/edu/elsb) to determine if schools are operating.
- Do not call QEES nor the school board, since that will tie up phone lines which may be needed for emergencies.
- Ensure your child’s teacher has your School Closure Information up-to-date plan should school be closed early and your child needs an alternative destination than his or her regular drop-off location.
- Children will not be required to play outdoors when the wind chill reaches -20 or below. Please ensure your child has outdoor clothing appropriate for the weather and an extra set of dry mitts, socks, etc., so he or she will comfortable, warm and dry.