No milk, Greco nor soup orders will be accepted past noon on Mondays (or the first school day of that week). Please make arrangements to have your orders to your child’s classroom teacher first thing on ordering days.
Donations for the Breakfast Program of cheese whiz, jam and Cheerios are invited.
Volunteers are needed to serve as crossing guards. Please contact Jeff Spencer at 836-3991.
Change in Christmas Concert
Please note that the concert has been rescheduled to Friday, Dec. 12th. Welcome to Mrs. Howman, who is teaching music in the absence of Mrs. White, who has begun her maternity leave.
The first concert begins at 10 a.m. for families with surnames beginning with A – L; the second concert begins at 12:30 p.m. for families with surnames beginning with M – Z. Monetary donations will be accepted to assist Mrs. White’s with her medical expenses.
Dental Clinic Begins!
The Dental Preventive Clinic will begin seeing students in early December. Children will receive an free, initial, two-minute screening. Consent forms for continued treatment/services will be sent home after the free screening. Please advise your child’s teacher if you do not want the free screening. Contact 902-888-8145 for more information. This service is not a substitute for annual dental examinations with your family’s dentist.
School Closure Information
Please visit the English Language School Board for details on school cancellations this winter. Some important points are summarized below.
- QEES belongs to the Kensington Family of schools.
- Listen to the radio between 6:30 – 8:00 a.m., or visit the school board website (www.gov.pe.ca/edu/elsb) to determine if schools are operating.
- Do not call QEES nor the school board, since that will tie up phone lines which may be needed for emergencies.
- Ensure your child’s teacher has your School Closure Information up-to-date plan should school be closed early and your child needs an alternative destination than his or her regular drop-off location.
- Children will not be required to play outdoors when the wind chill reaches -20 or below. Please ensure your child has outdoor clothing appropriate for the weather and an extra set of dry mitts, socks, etc., so he or she will comfortable, warm and dry.